Tuesday 10 January 2012

Henry "I came back from holiday 15 days ago. I never thought I was going to play for Arsenal again, I love the club & I hope I can do more! The feeling I had when I scored was amazing!" AW "He still didn't force the shot; he still made it look easy! RVP & Henry together again will be exciting!” RVP “Can’t wait to play alongside TH!” Read More at



  • Arsenal match winner Thierry Henry admits his return couldn't have gone better after victory over Leeds United.
The veteran World Cup winner never envisaged making such a fairytale return.

"I came back from holiday 15 days ago. I never thought I was going to play for Arsenal again or score a winner," Henry said.

"I don't know what to say. I love the club and I hope I can do more.

"I hope it won't be the last one. The feeling I had when I scored was amazing."

Henry added: "I rejoined the club as a fan; before I wasn't. Scoring a goal when you support the team, now I know how some of the 
guys who played for Liverpool or Man United or Chelsea felt when they scored a goal for the club they support.

"When it comes to Arsenal something happens with me, sometimes in a bad way, but most of the time in history in a good way."
  • Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger admits seeing Thierry Henry prove their FA Cup match winner against Leeds United was "a bit of a dream".
Henry, 34, will be available for a six-week spell which will take in matches against Manchester Unitedand, in the Champions League, AC Milan, possibly even the showdown with arch-rivals Tottenham on February 26.

Wenger said: "It was a little bit of a dream, because it was a story about football you would tell some young children.

"Unfortunately it is not often like that in our game, but sometimes it happens."

The Arsenal manager continued: "When he got in that position I thought 'oh, that's your angle', but it was a bit too close. That is where he surprised me.

"He still didn't force the shot, he still made it look easy.

"At the start I thought he was too much on the left, but he had that special finishing that he has shown tonight. That was the Thierry Henry finishing."
  • Arsenal players hailed their match winner Thierry Henry after victory over Leeds United.
Gunners teammates took to Twitter to heap praise on the club legend.

Robin van Persie tweeted: "YES YES YES YES YES one word ---->LEGEND!!! TH love u man!!!!!!!!!!!"

Andrey Arshavin wrote: "It was like in a fairy tale. Thierry came back, played and scored. And we won."

Wojciech Szczesny joked: "Why is everyone buzzing of Thierry scorring a winner?! Everyone knew it was gonna happen,anyway!!! #TheKingIsBack"

Aaron Ramsey tweeted: "It was written for him. What a finish! #buzzing."

Emmanuel Frimpong, now on-loan at Wolves, said: "I'm kissing Henrys feet when I see him #DEEEEEEEEEEEEENCHKING"

And injured Jack Wilshere declared: "Typical Henry! I'm Buzzing! #ReturnOftheKing"
  • Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger insists Thierry Henry and Robin van Persie can play together.
Wenger had rested captain Robin van Persie for tonight's tie, allowing the Dutchman some time away on a family break to Dubai.

The Gunners boss could throw both the dynamic front men together when the Barclays Premier League campaign resumes at Swansea on Sunday.

"Thierry can play behind or in front of Robin or on the flank, Robin can play on the flank too, but I don't know yet what I will do. They can play together, of course, and they did play together," said Wenger.
  • Arsenal captain Robin van Persie formally welcomed back Thierry Henry before last night's heroics against Leeds United.
Van Persie could be reunited with Henry on the pitch when Arsène Wenger's side travel to Swansea next weekend and he believes the French striker has made a brave decision.

"It’s great to welcome Thierry Henry back to the Club – his return will lift everyone," Van Persie said.

"Some people might ask why he is choosing to come back, because he is already a legend – he’s just got a statue here! But for me it tells you everything about him; he’s coming back because he loves the game.

"I think if you asked ten legends whether they would come back, I’m not sure they would be brave enough. But Thierry really loves the game, and that’s what I really like. He knows things are at stake, he is remembered as a legend, but for him it’s simple – he loves the game and he wants to be a part of the Club he loves.

"I’m sure he will get loads of games, because I’ve seen him in training, and I don’t want to put too much pressure on, but I can assure you he is looking really good."
  • After seeing Thierry Henry hit the winner against Leeds United, Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger insists he didn't push the Frenchman out of the club in 2007.
Henry produced a dream return with a late FA Cup winner last night.

Wenger smiled: "You can accuse me of many things, but not that I kicked Thierry Henry out, because he wanted to go. I explained that many times. I was always happy to get him back. Thierry is a guy who is very focused, intelligent and very planned. In his head, it was always Barcelona, then the States. That is what he did."
  • Arsenal captain Robin van Persie says his break in Dubai has recharged his batteries.
Van Persie will be back to lead the team out at Swansea City and he thinks he and his team-mates will benefit from some down-time.

"The good thing is that we have been able to have a little break over the last few days, which is always welcome at this time of year," he said.

"I have been able to recharge the batteries a little bit, get refreshed and ready to go again. I’m looking forward to the year, though I don’t think I will be involved tonight against Leeds.

"I played against them last year in the replay, so I know how good a team they are, and we’ll have to play really well to knock them out. It was a really tough couple of games against them to get through so hopefully we can do it in just one game this time."
  • Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger says they're not close to signing a new fullback.
Wenger is looking to bring in some cover at the back.

He said: I "I hope I can get [Johan] Djourou [from suspension] for Sunday and if we find a solution we will take it. But at the moment we are not close [to a deal]."

No comments:

Post a Comment