Thursday 6 October 2011

Wilshere "We do get a harder time from the critics than most teams but we not won anything for 6 years & that's not good enough for Arsenal! It is harsh, though, especially on the boss! We’ve started slowly but we still feel we can finish in the top four!" Drame bid! Ozyakup, Aneke talk!


  • Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere feels they cop a harder time from critics.
The Gunners have made a wretched start to the season and lie 15th in the Barclays Premier League, piling the pressure on manager Arsene Wenger, who had already gone six years without winning a trophy.

Wilshere said: "We do get a harder time from the critics than most teams but we haven't won anything for six years and that's not good enough for Arsenal.

"It is harsh, though, especially on the boss.

"He has been there for 15 years and been great for Arsenal. The criticism Arsene gets is just a joke."

He added: "We started a bit slowly but we still feel we can finish in the top four."
  • Jack Wilshere feels Cesc Fabregas should be regarded as an Arsenal legend.
Cesc left the Gunners for Barcelona last summer.

"I still speak to Cesc quite a lot," Wilshere said. "He texted me the other day after my operation and he texted me well done about the baby, too.

"It [the link with Barcelona] had been going on with Cesc for a couple of years now so I guess we always knew he would go at some point.

"Especially this year, Cesc wanted to leave and when a player wants to leave, the boss did the right thing. He'd been great for us and was one of our best players for the last six years.

"If you look at him now, he's flying. It'd be nice if he came back one day - the door is always open for him because of what he did at Arsenal.

"You'd almost say he's an Arsenal legend now and I think the fans would welcome him back as well."
  • Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere insists the talent coming through will bring more success to the club.
Wilshere is confident the players he sees in the Academy will be breakout first team stars in the future.

He said: "There are players there who have been there as long as me and I think we are starting to build something special there with the likes of Emmanuel Frimpong and players I have seen in the youth teams coming through.

"In a couple of years, they'll be big players for us.

"Obviously I want to play in the Champions League and that is the aim for Arsenal and everyone at the Club.

"We started a bit slowly but we still feel we can finish in the top four."
  • Arsenal goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny has scoffed at rumours linking him with Barcelona.
The Pole has rubbished the claims.

He tweeted: "Please continue the 'Szczesny to Barcelona' rumours. Makes me laugh every time I read it!"
  • Arsenal are unlikely to move for Padova attacker Ousmane Drame in January.
The Gunners manager Arsene Wenger has sent scouts to watch the 19-year-old during recent Serie B games but a move is more likely next summer.

Palermo and Fiorentina are also interested.
  • England risk missing out on Arsenal left-back Samir Bihmoutine.
The talented teen qualifies for Morocco and admits he's been influenced by teammate Marouane Chamakh about pledging for the African nation.

“I’ve had contact with Morocco and might look to represent them next year after getting more experience with Arsenal,” he revealed.

“I’d like to play for them, my dad’s from there and it’s a big part of my background. I speak with Marouane Chamakh when I see him in the gym, and we’ve chatted about the national team. Our families come from similar places, actually, in Casablanca – so we have that in common.”
  • Arsenal prospect Oguzhan Ozyakup admits skipper Robin van Persie has been a big influence so far in his fledgling career.
Van Persie has taken the young midfielder under his wing and Ozyakup says his compatriot is a real ‘father figure’ to him in the current Arsenal squad.

“To be honest it is mostly Robin [who I look up to] because he is Dutch and he really looks after me outside of football as well,” Ozyakup said.

“There are more off-field things as well and I am really, really happy he looks after me like this. I never expected him to help me that much but I am really thankful that he does that for me.

“Obviously on his Twitter feed he says little things like congratulations - it is those little things he does that are perfect and what I look up to.

“The Manchester United game when I was on the bench he said, 'when you come on I know you can do anything with the ball but without it make sure the tackles are for you',” recalled Ozyakup. “He gives you little tactics and it is unbelievable.”
  • Arsenal midfielder Chuks Aneke feels he's ready to move out on-loan.
The 18-year-old has enjoyed a successful three-year spell in the Reserves under the stewardship of Neil Banfield but is keen to take his game to the next level – even if it means spending some time away from Arsenal.

“Personally I would like a little bit of a loan spell to experience some first-team football,” Aneke said.

“At the moment I am playing for the Reserves and I would like to get myself some first-team football as well.

“I think I am good enough now so hopefully I can get a loan but we will see how things work out.”
  • Arsenal midfielder Chuks Aneke says good friend Benik Afobe loved his time on-loan at Huddersfield Town.
Afobe impressed at Huddersfield last season.

Aneke said: “He had a lot of positive things to say [about the move]. It was a good experience for him and obviously he got a couple of goals there too.

“The style of play there is different and he had to adapt but he has come back and I have seen the changes in him. I am ready for a little bit of that.”

No comments:

Post a Comment