Monday 10 October 2011

RVP “I am not going to make any statements about my future, I’ve been at AFC 8 years what my future will bring, nobody knows!” RVP puts house up for sale! Theo “AFC form key to England place!” Gio AFC fans don’t drive AW away “Wenger is an institution. Look what he’s achieved!” Szczesny talks! Reina “I wanted to join AFC!” Kalou, Drame, Dzagoev Linked!


  • Arsenal skipper Robin van Persie insists he is committed to the club.
Last week in Holland, He was deluged with questions about his future and whether he would sign a new contract.

He certainly made it clear he is not itching to follow Cesc Fabregas and Samir Nasri out of the Emirates.
Van Persie explained: “I am not going to make any statements about my future. Not now, not for a while.

“I’ve been at Arsenal eight years and that is quite extraordinary these days. Which is why I treasure this. What my future will bring, nobody knows.

“I can understand people are curious, but I am just dedicated to everything at Arsenal right now. Since November last year I’ve played lots of games, scored lots of goals and made assists.

“Twelve months’ non-stop football is doing me well. I feel that I am still growing in form. It is the first time in quite a few years that I can experience that.

“My future is a private matter and when at some point there could be some news, people will hear it. And I do realise that we have to get things going at Arsenal, but I have full confidence that we are going to do okay.

“Our start is not good. I would have felt better if we had won the derby. We didn’t and right now there is a negative feeling. But I assure you, it is not all that negative.

“It is up to us, players and staff, to sort it out on the pitch.’’
  • Arsenal winger Theo Walcott is taking nothing for granted over his place in England's Euros squad.
The Gunners have won just two of their seven Premier League games this season and face fellow strugglers Sunderland at the Emirates next Sunday.

Walcott said: "You've got to play well for your club and the manager will pick players on form, so I'm not going to look too far ahead after what happened to me a couple of years ago.

"He plays players in form and you always get a chance to play and show what you can do and hopefully we can take that into the tournament when it comes to it.

"Firstly I'm going to be concentrating on Arsenal after the poor start we've had.

"But it's great to have qualified with England — and the fans were great in Montenegro even when we went to 2-2. This shows what it means to them."
  • Giovanni van Bronckhorst has urged fans not to drive Arsene Wenger out of Arsenal.
The former Gunners star fears Wenger will be pushed out of the club.

He said: “Wenger is an institution. Look what he’s achieved.

“Arsenal football club IS Arsene Wenger.

“Everything would tumble over if he would leave now. His philosophy is an example to millions.

“For 15 years it was very simple for players. If Arsenal came knocking on the door, you’d rush to sign for them. But that’s not the case any more.”
  • Robin van Persie has put his Hertfordshire home on the market.
Van Persie has been linked with Manchester City and Manchester United in the press and rightmove.co.uk reports he's now listening to offers for his five bedroom detached home beginning at £1,395,000.

The Gunners captain and his wife Bouchra have lived in the Goffs Oak, Hertfordshire (a popular area amongst footy stars) property since 2006 and have recently installed a top of the range kitchen and luxury bathrooms.

Van Persie even has a mini football pitch in the back garden!
  • Arsenal goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny admits he's proud of the praise he received from Oliver Kahn.
Szczesny boosted his chances of starting co-hosts Poland's first Euro 2012 game next summer with a string of fine saves in a 2-2 draw against one of the tournament favourites last month. And the 20-year-old's efforts drew praise from Germany goalkeeping great Oliver Kahn - much to Szczesny's delight.

"To date it was probably the best performance in my career," he said.

"It was a good result for us as well - we almost managed to get a win - but conceded a last-second goal. I wasn't really happy after the game because we obviously didn't win the game but I watched it a couple of times after and I must admit I had a good game.

"Somebody told me straight after the game that they had watched the German television and he [Kahn] had praised me. It makes you feel good.

"I obviously don't feel as though I have made it in football and to hear that from somebody with so much authority and legendary status in goalkeeping makes you feel really good. It makes you motivated to keep working hard in training and give you the best possible career in football."
  • Pepe Reina admits he was ready to quit Liverpool for Arsenal in a £20 million deal.
Only the prevention of former Reds owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett prevented the move from happening.

Reina said in his new book, Pepe Reina: My Autobiography: "Arsenal had made their determination to sign me clear by offering £20m, a phenomenal amount for a goalkeeper. Part of me felt that I was well within my rights to consider my future even if I did so with a heavy heart.

"When Liverpool received the bid, they rejected it. This was not because I had been told that I was too good a keeper to leave. The reason I was given was quite different - and it left me feeling down. I was told that my continued presence was crucial to the sale of the club. I was simply a bargaining chip in the sales process.

"I still don't know what to think of Purslow because I understand he was there to look for new owners and to try to sell the club but ultimately he was making big football decisions that he was not qualified to make."
  • Liverpool and Arsenal are going head-to-head for frustrated Chelsea striker Salomon Kalou.
The frustrated 26-year-old Ivory Coast striker is in the final year of his contract and looks increasingly unlikely to extend his stay.

It will almost certainly force Chelsea to consider offers for the versatile star or risk losing him for nothing next summer.

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has been a long-term admirer and is prepared to test the water with a £6million bid in January.

Arsenal will almost certainly be his preferred destination.

Wenger tried to buy him from Feyenoord in 2006 but lost out to Chelsea when they paid the Dutch club £9m.
  • Arsenal are maintaining contact with the agent of Padova attacker Ousmane Drame.
Florence sources say Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is in regular contact with Drame's agent, George Atangana, who hasn't shied away from comparing the youngster with Bayern Munich star Franck Ribery.

In an effort to beat their English rivals, Fiorentina are ready to make an offer to Padova for the youngster in January.

However, Palermo president Maurizio Zamparini could hold the trump card, as his former sports director Rino Foschi is now in charge of Padova and talks have already opened about an option on Drame.
  • Andrey Arshavin is urging Arsenal to take a close look at CSKA Moscow winger Alan Dzagoev.
Gunners ace Arshavin has described Dzagoev as 'the most talented young footballer in Russia'.

The young midfielder had trials at Chelsea as a teenager and remains a favourite of Blues owner Roman Abramovich.

No comments:

Post a Comment