Thursday 15 March 2012

Lifelong Gooner Jenkinson is proud of his Arsenal DNA “Yennaris is the same!” Henry "The thing with Arsenal is you never really that club. The stadium & the players have changed, but it is a family club! Alex Chamberlain is really good!” Wilshere could be back for the final 5 games of the season! Rosicky “I love it here!”



  • Arsenal fullback Carl Jenkinson is proud of his club merchandise.
Supporters saw evidence of this in a photo posted on Twitter recently, and Jenkinson said how it all began.

“I think I asked for all the wallpaper one Christmas and then was given more things for birthdays, and the collection gradually built up,” he said.

“A lot of the pictures on the wall are laminated copies of signed pictures and I used to collect them, picking them up whenever I went to a game. So I picked up little things here and there; it took a few years but it’s definitely an Arsenal room now.”

The right back isn’t alone in being a diehard fan since childhood. Nico Yennaris has a similar treasure trove of material at home, and Carl is quite happy to compare notes.

“I know Nico Yennaris has a similar stash of things,” he laughs. “It’s quite refreshing to have another lad at the Club who has felt the same way as me about it for so long."
  • Thierry Henry says that players who spend time at Arsenal never really leave the club.
The veteran striker recently had his second spell at the club where he holds the all-time goal scoring record and has not closed the door on a potential third stint in 2013.

But regardless of that, Henry feels that it is difficult to really leave Arsenal as the club becomes so engrained in your life.

"Will I come again in 2013? It happened that way in 2012, but it was not forecasted. I was a help and that was all," he said.

"The thing with Arsenal is you never really leave that club. The stadium and the players have changed, but it is a family club.

"I am not alone. It is the same with other former players. It is the impact of the club."
  • Arsenal legend Thierry Henry is of the belief that young gun Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain will have a stellar career.
The French striker spent six weeks back in North London on loan from New York Red Bulls and has seen firsthand what the 18-year old winger is capable of.

"Alex Chamberlain is really good,” Henry said.

"He reminds me of himself and no-one else. He is writing his own story.

"I hope he will remain at Arsenal for a long time and he could forge a career we will never forget."
  • Arsenal have announced a Hong Kong leg as part of their Far East tour this summer.
The Gunners will take on champions Kitchee FC at the Hong Kong Stadium on Sunday, July 29.

The squad will travel to Hong Kong from China, where they will be play Manchester City in Beijing two days earlier.

Chief executive Ivan Gazidis said: "It's great that Arsenal Football Club is visiting Hong Kong again after 17 years.

"We have many followers in Hong Kong and it's wonderful that these special fans will have an opportunity to see the first team live in action.

"The match will follow on from our visit to Beijing, where we play Manchester City in the Bird's Nest, and is another indication of Arsenal's commitment to Asia.
  • Tomas Rosicky insists his great form has nothing to do with a new Arsenal contract.
Rosicky denied his recent purple patch was anything to do with his contract saga.

He said: "I want to say that what was sometimes written, that I have played better because I'm fighting for a contract, had nothing to do with it.

"Although it is now signed, it was just a matter of preparing the paperwork.

"I had given my word to the coach that I would stay much earlier.
  • Arsenal crock Jack Wilshere could be back for the final five games of the season.
Arsenal’s medical team have been working around the clock with Wilshere on the ankle injury that has kept him out for the entire season and the 20-year-old is now confident he is closing in on a return.

Barring any more setbacks, Wilshere is hoping to play in at least five games before the end of the season to prove his fitness for England.
  • Tomas Rosicky admits he rejected a mega offer from Russia to sign a new deal with Arsenal.
He signed a new contract with the Gunners on Monday.

He said: "In both cases, it was financially huge numbers, so that somehow you had to entertain it - it's not easy. Some days I thought about it, but money is not everything.

"I'm glad I'll be able to continue at Arsenal."

He added: "Arsenal let me get to the point where I had just half a year on my contract and could talk to anyone I wanted.

"It started to get interesting because I had very lucrative offers. This turned my head a little, but I have to say that Arsenal were my priority."

No comments:

Post a Comment