Monday 5 March 2012

AW "RVP is a joy to watch play, he’s a great striker! Szczesny is a great GK he learns quickly! We lost Fabregas, Nasri & Wilshere as well, what happened to us was completely unbelievable! Szczesny "AW made me the No 1 GK at AFC at 20 years of age, I owe him a lot!" RVP "I've got 31 goals this season. I owe it all to the team!” Arteta "I have suffered the biggest fear of my life! I’m ok now" Hoilett & Robben Linked!



  • Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger hopes victory at Liverpool silences their critics.
Wenger's side have climbed the table into fourth spot, and the manager is delighted with the progress they have made.

"When we played at the start of the season, we were a bit in disarray because we were unstable," he said. "We have since come back into a much better position, we are much more solid and we have 49 points.

"When we played Liverpool before we were 17th in the league. We had room for improvement, but I feel we have improved a lot.

"We lost Fabregas and Nasri and Wilshere as well. We also lost Diaby. What happened to us was completely unbelievable.

"Of course [some players have grown]. We started from deep and people [then] were saying that we were playing not to go down."
  • Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere's hopes of playing this season have improved.
Gunners boss Arsene Wenger revealed the England midfielder has been allowed to start jogging.

Wilshere suffered a setback in January that appeared to rule him out for the season but his recovery from this latest injury has gone smoothly.

"The last scan was good," said Wenger. "I hope we have him back before the end of the season but we will go step by step."
  • Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger admits he's enjoying watching Robin van Persie's success this season.
The Dutch ace struck both goals in victory at Liverpool.

"That is Van Persie," said the Frenchman.

"Everyone speaks about his ability but the intention of his movement in the box is exceptional.

"He is a joy to watch before he gets the ball and that makes a great striker.

"We have all seen that before and that is a real brand of a great striker."
  • Arsenal goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny hopes his performance in victory at Liverpool goes some way to repaying manager Arsene Wenger's faith in him.
The Pole was outstanding on the day.

"He made me the No 1 goalkeeper at Arsenal at 20 years of age," he said. "That gives you a lot of confidence and I am just trying to repay that faith with every single performance.

"At a young age it is hard to be consistent. I have had my ups and downs.

"But the manager keeps believing in me and I hope that performances like this just prove him right."
  • Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger admits Wojciech Szczesny was critical in their victory at Liverpool.
Wenger praised Szczesny for his role in the win.

"It is good he had a performance like that because he had a little bit of a difficult period in January but he has shown his potential and I like he was brave as well - he had a lot of kicking and coming out to do - and he didn't make a mistake." he said.

"He is 21 years old and is a great talent. He is just learning his job but because he is a great talent he learns quickly."
  • Arsenal captain Robin van Persie has deflected praise to his teammates after victory at Liverpool.
Van Persie struck twice at Anfield for the 2-1 win.

But he said: "I've got 31 goals this season. I can't believe it.

"It is the first time in a season I have scored this many - and 25 league goals, it is just insane.

"But I have to thank my colleagues because without them I am nothing and they are a massive help.
  • Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger admits victory over Liverpool was "vital" for their top four hopes.
Robin van Persie netted an injury-time winner at Anfield.

"It was vital for us to win the game," said Wenger, whose side strengthened their grip on fourth place.

"I must say it is hard for Liverpool to lose the game, they had a very good first half and we were not in the game.

"I felt Liverpool played with a pace above us in the first half and our fluency was not there at all and we gave them too much room.

"But as long as you are not killed off in this Premier League you always have a chance because every team has quality strikers to score a goal.

"We hung on and played as well as we could and our goalkeeper and our centre-forward made the difference today.

"What was flattering for us was to be 1-1 at half-time and in the second half I thought it was much more level.

"They had to win the game and but we know we have Van Persie who can give you something special and overall it was not one of our best games but we refused to give in."
  • Arsenal midfielder Mikel Arteta was rocked by his concussion injury suffered during victory at Liverpool.
The 29-year-old left the field to applause from both sets of supporters and admits the injury was a scary one.

"I have suffered the biggest fear of my life," Arteta said. "I only remember the fall by the blow and nothing after. It was terrifying but now I am better.

"Sincerely, I do not remember too much apart from the impact. I have heard people applauded me as I left the field and I am grateful for this reception."
  • Arsenal have emerged as the new favourites to sign promising winger Junior Hoilett from Blackburn Rovers. 
The Ewood Park starlet is out of contract in the summer and has attracted the interest of several big clubs with his eye-catching displays for the struggling Lancashire side.

Manchester City, Liverpool and Tottenham Hotspur have all been linked with Hoilett, but latest reports suggest Arsenal have moved to the front of the queue for the 21-year-old's signature.

There has also been interest from Bayern Munich, but it is thought the Canada-born player would prefer to remain in the Premier League when he leaves Blackburn.

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is believed to be an admirer of Hoilett's pace and trickery, while his style of play resembles that of young Gunners Theo Walcott and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain.

Blackburn would like Hoilett to sign a new deal, but are aware that the club's troubles on and off the pitch this season mean he is unlikely to stay.

In January, the winger was named by FIFA as one of the 'players to watch in 2012'. Hoilett featured in the list alongside the likes of Barcelona's emerging star Thiago Alcantara, James Forrest of Celtic and Everton midfielder Ross Barkley.

No comments:

Post a Comment